Mediaruncom Ltd („Mediarun”, “we” or “us”), is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 85 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T4DU, England and whose registered number is 09197787.
Mediarun is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to providing clear information about the use of your data.
This Policy sets out the way in which, and the basis on which, we will process and use the data that you may provide to us (or that we may collect from you) (“Information”). Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Information and how we will treat it. By using the Service, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Information consisting of personal data (“Personal Information”) will be processed and used in accordance with this Policy and, where relevant, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, Mediarun is the data controller of Personal Information.
You can use some of the Service without providing Personal Information. However, Mediarun does need Personal Information to provide parts of the Service.
THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- You may give us or we may ask you for the following Information (including when you register to use the Service, post content, enter a competition or promotion or report a problem with the Service):
- Your full name;
- Your address and postcode;
- Your contact information (such as your email address, telephone number and mobile telephone number);
- Your date of birth and gender;
- Photographic and video materials featuring your name and likeness that you may upload to the Service; and
Information relating to your use of the Service, such as your content and your interactions with other users of the Service and their interactions with you.
We may also automatically collect (or allow third parties to collect) certain Information about your mobile device, computer hardware and software that helps us to understand more about you and your interaction with the Service, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Your IP address;
- Your browser type and version;
- Your operating system and device type;
- Access times and dates, including time zone setting;
- Referring website addresses;
- Response times; and
- Usage information (such as content profiling, along with details of the content that you share on social media or via other means).
WE MAY RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM OTHER SOURCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Other websites operated by us, or other services provided by us, from time to time. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected the Information that it may be shared internally and combined with Information collected through your use of the Service;
- Information from third parties; for example if you choose to link your Mediarun account to your Facebook and/or Linkedin and / or Twitter accounts. Any such Information may be combined with Information collected through your use of the Service; and
- Information about you received from third parties with whom we work closely (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Mediarun and/or our partners may use Information we may collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Service;
- To ensure that the content on the Service is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and your device;
- To enable you to use the interactive features of the Service;
- To develop and improve the Service;
- To notify you about changes to the Service;
- For our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and record keeping;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Service safe and secure;
- To contact you to answer any queries you may have;
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of information we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to the Service and to contact you for market research or marketing purposes, if you have given us permission to do so.
Mediarun may combine Information we receive from other sources with Information you give to us and Information we collect about you. We may us this Information and the combined Information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of Information we receive).
WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH:
- Any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, in each case as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (as amended from time to time); and
- Selected third parties, including: (i) business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; (ii) advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others (although we will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers); and (iii) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Service.
MEDIARUN MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE FOLLOWING THIRD PARTIES:
- In the event that Mediarun sells or buys any business or asset, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Mediarun or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about users of the Service will be one of the transferred assets; and
YOUR PRIVACY CONTROLS
If you register to use the Service, you will control your user profile. This means that you can access your details at any time by going to the “Login page” and „Profile” or ‘Settings’ menu within the website or App where you may review, correct or update your Personal Information (other than your gender and date of birth) at any time.
By creating an account you agree that we may contact you with promotions, offers or information relating to other products and, if you have given us permission to do so, services or those of our partners.
If you decide at any time that you would prefer not to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe in any of these ways:
By contacting us at http://mediarun.com/company/old/contact and/or by following the unsubscribe links included in the newsletter communication.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES & SERVICES
You can interact with third party websites and services (for example, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates) via the Service.
If you choose to use those websites and services, you should read and accept their terms and conditions and privacy policies before submitting any Personal Information to them. Mediarun is not responsible for, and has no liability for, the privacy policies and practices of these third party websites and services.
If you do not accept those third party terms and conditions and privacy policies, you should not interact with those services via the Service.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information that Mediarun collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (” EEA”). Personal Information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of Mediarun ’s suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting Personal Information to Mediarun, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Mediarun will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the Act. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
OUR RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to retain your Personal Information only for as long as reasonably necessary. If you no longer want us to store your Personal Information, you may request for it to be removed from our records. Please see information below for details of how to request such removal. Please note that such removal may prevent us from supplying parts of the Service to you.
YOU CAN CORRECT, UPDATE OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 20 EURO to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you.
You also have the right to have Personal Information removed or any inaccurate Personal Information about you corrected. If you would like your Personal Information to be removed from our records or if your Personal Information requires amending, then we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your Personal Information as swiftly as possible. This can be done by editing your Personal Information on website at any time.
Mediarun will endeavour to update your Personal Information promptly. However, you acknowledge that communications may continue to be sent to you until the changes have been processed.
- Cookies and analytics technologies are very small files comprising text documents or pieces of code, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit the Mediarun or use the App, a computer asks your computer or mobile device for permission to store these files on your computer or mobile device and access information from them.
- The cookies and analytics technologies used as part of the Service may be set by third party partners (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services such as web traffic analysis services).
- If you do not consent to our use of analytics technologies other than cookies, you should not use the Service as it is not possible to block the use of analytics technologies or to disable them.
- For more information on cookies, including cookie management and blocking cookies for a wide variety of browsers, please visit All About Cookies.
WHAT WE DO WITH COOKIES AND ANALYTICS TECHNOLOGIES
- We use analytics technologies to distinguish you from other users of the Service, to allow you to sign in to the Service and to remember that you are signed in.
- Analytics technologies are also used to record and understand how you use the Service, including the content you upload to the Service and your interactions with other Mediarun users. We may use this Information to provide you with content and marketing that is relevant to you.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY APPLE OR GOOGLE
Apple Users: http://www.apple.com/privacy/
Android Users: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
If you do not agree to the collection and processing of your Information in this way, you should not use our website and/or download or use the App.
Please note that, when registering to use the App, you are expressly asked to confirm that you have read and understood, and agree to comply with and be bound by, this Policy, which includes this document.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we update or change this Policy, we will post an updated version of this Policy on the website and in the App. We may also notify you of any updates or changes by email, although please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints relating to Mediarun’s use of your Information and/or data protection, please contact us via our website at http://mediarun.com/company/old/contact or by writing to us at Mediaruncom Ltd , 85 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T4DU.